Every year, the Llys Nini Branch finds new homes for hundreds of animals. Many have to be nurtured back to health by Llys Nini Centre staff before they can be rehomed.
The animals can be viewed at the bottom of this page
Prior to adoption all cats and dogs are health checked, vaccinated, microchipped and neutered ( or provided with a neutering voucher if too young at the time of adoption).
Other species are health checked and treated appropriately.
We do charge adopters for an animal but the amount does not normally cover the cost of all the care and treatment we give to the animal.
1. Visit the Animal Centre and meet the animals. Talk to the staff to find out which animal would best suit you.
2. All family members ideally should meet the animal to ensure they all like the animal. We may request all family members living in the household to socialise before a booking is taken
3. If you live in rented accommodation we will need written permission from your landlord within 24 hours of the animal being reserved.
4. If you already own another animal which is the same species as the one you are adopting, then it must already be neutered.
5. All our animals are different, some animals will need more company than others. Active dogs normally cannot be left alone for more than 4-5 hours at a time, but cats are happier with their own company. Kittens and puppies need more attention than adult animals. You will need to make sure that the proposed pet suits your lifestyle and circumstances and that you can provide for its needs.
6. Having made sure that you have chosen an appropriate pet and you have socialised with with it, you can reserve it at Reception. We ask you to complete a questionnaire.
7. We then arrange a "Home Visit"; a volunteer will visit you at home. This usually takes 3 to 7 days but if you don't hear from the home visitor after 3 days please call Llys Nini.
8. While waiting for your home visit we encourage prospective adopters to visit the animal at Llys Nini, so that you can get to know each other better.
9. The home visitor will call and talk to you about the animal and check that the home and the animal are compatable.
10. Llys Nini will call you to tell you the result of the home visit and when your animal will be ready to collect.
11. When you collect your new pet please bring identification with you e.g. driver's licence. You will receive an adoption pack and further advice.
12. When you and the animal have had a few weeks to settle, the Home Visitor may call again to answer any questions and to check that everything is OK.
PUPPY (up to 20 weeks) £140
ADULT DOG £110
OLDER DOG (8 years & over) £70
RABBIT £25 / £40 PAIR
FERRET £20 / £30 PAIR
GUINEA PIG £15 / £20 PAIR
(If more than 2 dogs or cats are booked at the same time there is a reduction of £5 per animal)
Any other animals, please ask a member of staff
The links below will take you to pages that show the details of some of the animals currently at Llys Nini and needing a new home. However there will be scores of other animals at the Centre which are not shown on the web. If you are interested in adopting an animal please visit the Centre between 11.00 and 3.45 any day of the week except Wednesdays. You can see the animals and ask the staff's advice about whether a particular animal will suit your circumstances or not.
We advise arriving at least 30 minutes before closing to view the animals and to allow enough time to socialise if you find a suitable animal.
To avoid disappointment, if you see a particular animal that you like on the web site please contact Llys Nini staff before travelling to the Centre in case they have already been rehomed. You can call us on 01792 229435.
We are open every day except Wednesday between 11am and 3:45pm
Sign up below to receive the latest issue of 'Nini News' straight to your inbox.