The original Swansea Dogs' Home
The RSPCA Branch was established by animal-loving volunteers in the Swansea and Neath areas nearly 200 years ago. The first animal centre, was in Singleton Park and was leased from Swansea Corporation in 1935 and was able to house 31 dogs and 18 cats. It was run for many years by Bill Deane and rescued thousands of animals. In 1997 the Animal Centre moved to Llys Nini Farm. Llys Nini is an independently registered charity (registered charity number 224337) affiliated to but not funded by the RSPCA. RSPCA Llys Nini provides animal welfare throughout Swansea, Neath Port Talbot, Bridgend and parts of Rhondda CynonTaff and Cardiff council areas. Llys Nini helps over 2,000 animals each year.
Llys Nini’s main aim is to rescue, rehabilitate and rehome abused and unwanted animals, we also provide subsidised vet treatment for the pets of people on low incomes and do a lot of work in protecting the wildlife on our site
Find out more about the ancient history of the site www.gwlad-nini.co.uk